Before Katie came over I had to steam mop the kitchen floor... It was sticky from the last few sweet potato battles Grace and I have had. Before I steamed the floor I used the swiffer and then left it up against the new gate across the living room. A few minutes later out of the corner of my eye I see Grace pushing something. It was the swiffer. She was swiffering the living room floor. So cute! Between the swiffer and the Pledge, I just might have found a new cleaning lady!
Our afternoon was fairly quiet. Grace and I played on her new alphabet puzzle mat. (possibly the best purchase ever!!) We made a cube with 6 of the tiles and practiced replacing the letters in the correct spot. She knows 'A, B, C' and '1, 2, 3'... what really have been working on though are her colors. She gets better with them daily but defaults to 'yellow' when she doesn't know the answer. After that, we drew a few new priceless, one of a kind, Grace Elizabeth original, crayola works of art for the Grandparents. A quick walk to the mail box and brief visit with Kelli next door and it was dinner time.

Tonight at bath time I sneezed... Not a regular occurrence for me, I don't have allergies, I am pretty healthy, I just sneezed... Grace stopped what she was doing, looked up at me said... "Bless you." and then went about her business. I LOVE THIS KID! She is, as I continue to say a sponge. She doesn't miss a thing!... "Bless you!"... Now if she would only eat...

No comments:
Post a Comment