"The days that Brian comes home from the road stress me out!"
This morning Grace slept until 6:40am. Normally a fantastic treat, today... not so much! I have laundry to catch up on, bed sheets to change, crib sheets to change, toys to pick up, dishes to unload and reload, La Leche, Nap, Lunch, and the supposed rest I am told by my OB that I need... Not all gonna happen right? Wrong!! Grace gets plopped down in front of Caillou (cringe)with a bottle, I get a load of laundry in the washer then I get the kitchen cleaned up, coffee and breakfast made, eaten and cleaned up. Almost there... Upstairs for a shower (Grace has to join me as she is no longer trusted around the cabinets, closet and toilet) Ok... move clothes from washer to dryer, and start a new load. Get Grace dried, dressed and get Shelbi dressed. Pick up loft. Alright, so more like run around, scoop up every toy, book, shoe, etc., throw it into what ever toy basket is closest and well... it looks clean, its just not organized. Grace is going to pull all the toys out again anyway. Dry hair, slap on mascara, pack diaper bag, off to La Leche... Wheew!The older kids that have been at La Leche in the past to keep my daughter occupied are all home with the flu. The younger kids want nothing to do with Grace, they all want to nurse; and the babies while very interesting to Grace are all brand new little ones and most of the meeting is me saying... "Grace, no touch." ... "Gentle."... "Just look."... I get to have a few very good and helpful discussions though, but not as in depth or relaxing as I had hoped for. Grace did in the end find a toy car to play with and spent the last 30 minutes completely immersed in pretend play with the car. Good to know.... "need to get Grace a car or two", Brian will be thrilled!! Run home because it is long past nap time and I still have to get ready for the hubby to get home.
This afternoon while I was folding laundry Grace, who loves to jump on our bed thought it would be fun to try walking on our bed with her new boots. These are her first hard soled shoes and she finds it quite funny to clomp around in them. Brian and I have 3" of memory foam on our bed, so walking on our bed is challenging in bare feet, forget boots. Grace bounced and walked and tumbled like she was walking on the moon. It was hysterical. I think she was falling down on purpose at the end. I would have caught it on video, but by the time I stopped folding laundry and laughing and thought... "This would make a cute video." it was too late and the fun was over. The down comforter and pile of pillows on the floor had caught Grace's attention and she was now consumed by diving into the pile and playing peek-a-boo, I see you....
Afternoon nap, finish cleaning and folding etc. Get blog busted out...Sit down with books to do some birth planning, deep breath... 15 minutes to spare, Dad-dee should be walking through the door in 15 minutes... Welcome home!
Rubios...
Tonight was Addy's JDRF event at Rubio's. Brian, Grace and I had planned to join our neighbors and neighborhood for dinner and help out an amazing cause. Instead Brian got home, woke Grace from her nap, then the two of them curled up on the couch together and fell asleep. Really a sweet sight. So I took off to Rubios for take out and a brief visit with the Rose's and the Shepemakers. Sorry Kelli & Brian, we had intended on joining you there for dinner... We'll have to plan on the October event!

1 comment:
I'm tired just reading about your schedule.
Post a Comment