This morning Grace and I met our neighbors Bonnie & Katie and Rachael, Taylor & Landon at Starbucks for coffee and treats before heading over to the monthly Farmer's Market in our community. Grace had a blast playing with Taylor and Katie at Starbucks, walking on the booths and playing follow the leader around the tables. She adores her girlfriends and wants to do everything they do. She even ate a few pieces of my danish. Chewed and swallowed! I was so happy. I would have been happier if it had been something healthy like melon or cucumber, but I will take what I can get.
At Trilogy (the 55 and over community) Miss Grace, our neighbor, met us in the parking lot with Vincent and we all headed into the market. It was cute, small and had some nice looking produce. But while in theory it reminded me of growing up in New England, there is something about walking around in 102 degree heat in September that brings you right back to reality... "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"... Grace and I picked up some beautiful strawberries, fresh corn (though it will not be nearly as good as Pioneer Valley corn), tomatoes, cucumbers, an eggplant, and green beans. We will be dividing our bounty with Aunt Dottie and Uncle Buck tonight. I have yet another OB appointment in Scottsdale this afternoon, so Grace and I are looking forward to dinner with Dottie, Chuck, the dogs and horses.
It was nice to get out with my girlfriends this morning. Most of our play dates are just that, time for the kiddos to play and the stream of conversation is forever being interrupted. Such is the life of a mother and I have no issues with it. But every now and then it is nice to do something where the adults are the focus. I would have loved more time with the girls to chat, but nap time is here and it was way too hot. I am looking forward to Sunday however; My amazing neighbors and girlfriends are throwing Bonnie and me a baby shower. Adults only! What a treat!! And a very, very, very kind thing to do. I love this neighborhood!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
There was one year shortly after I moved to DC that my parents actually mailed me down Hatfield corn. They don't do that anymore.
Incidentally, you might try steaming the corn and giving Grace half (once it cools obviously). Caleb will sit and gnaw on his corn happily through most of dinner.
Post a Comment