Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feeding Therapy

Tuesday again... Jamie was just here to work with Grace on her eating. Tuesdays are both a joy and the bane of my existence. They are a joy, because I get a break and someone else gets to feed Grace. Dad simply does not have the patience to feed Grace and therefore does not do it and well, since there is only me left after that... I get the glorious job of fighting with Grace to eat. It is the only part of mothering Grace that frustrates and exhausts me. I must admit that while my blood pressure was up this morning at the doctors office, it is nothing compared to sitting at the table and warring with Grace on a daily basis to do what should be such a simple thing...eat... Feeding Therapy is the bane of my existence because when Jamie is here, with the exception of last week, it is a breeze. Grace happily sits in her chair for a hour and for the most part just eats. She fights Jamie half as much as she fights me. She takes less time to do what she is asked and all in all makes me feel like a failure.

Today however Grace ate a jar and a half (9oz) of Sweet Potato and is now moving on to meats. (Gross!) The thought of jarred meat makes my stomach turn. But I will do whatever it takes to get Grace eating... I have 6 weeks left until there is a baby in the house and my time is cut in half... what I am going to do is a mystery to even me... But tomorrow we start Gerber meats...

No comments:

Blog Visitors