Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday...

Grace had a good day today. She had a playdate with her neighbor friend Taylor this morning. I feel like we have not seen much of Rachael and Taylor since we left for the east coast back in July so it was good to have some time with them this morning.

Last night a package arrived from Nonie with a million clothes and a new baby doll. Grace has barely let that doll out of her sight, let alone her grip since. Last night she took the new baby to bed with her and this morning when I said we were going for our walk, Grace put the baby in the doll stroller and walked to the front door. Curious to see how this would go I allowed her to walk to Rachael and Taylor's house with the stroller. She was adorable! She walked down one curb and up the other to cross the street in front of our house, but when it was time to cross the street to get to Taylor's house, Grace pushed the stroller down the curb, and carried it up the opposite one. So odd... I don't know where she got that idea.


We have had a slightly random schedule this week and it does not look to get much better any time soon. This means that instead of a 9am nap and a 2 or 3pm nap Grace has been getting a nap in at 11 or 11:30am and then not again. So 1) I don't get two naps which is a big bummer and 2) she has not adjusted the amount of time she sleeps to be 1 long nap instead of 2 short ones, so... By the end of the day she is fried and not much fun. Ahhhh! I don't know what to do...

We decided to be brave, get back on the horse and go to open gym at Gymboree this evening. We got there at 3pm and were pleased not only to see our neighbors Nicki and Brayden but that we had the place pretty much to ourselves. Nicki and I actually had some time to chat and watch the kids play in a safe non-hectic environment. Brayden and Grace were very cute together. Grace does not get to see a whole lot of Brayden since I no longer watch him during the week. Just before 4pm Rachael, Taylor and Landon arrived and we enjoyed more playtime with Taylor. And then... Issac showed up (Dun dunt dun...) We were forewarned of his arrival by our favorite teacher at Gymboree who said she would protect Grace. Luckily that was not necessary, we kept clear and Issac, sadly found another victim. Another poor little girl was on the receiving end of what I am told is an over zealous hug (which is supposedly why the mother never said anything... she does not discipline hugs... Hug my a$$! It was a tackle! anyway...) We left Gymboree after a good hour and 40 minutes of play and came home to make some music with Grace's new drum set. Quick bottle and bath, now my exhausted little on is in bed and it's only 7pm. Sorry Dad-dee, you did not get your 'Nigh-Nigh' phone call from Grace.

Time for Mommy to catch up on some sleep. Swim lessons tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Thanks for coming over today. We do need to make it more of a habit. And God bless the nonies of the world. Did I spell it right?

Blog Visitors