Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday Morning Swim Lessons

Okay... I don't know why I did not remember the camera, but Dad-dee was able to come and watch Grace's swim lesson this morning. I see marked improvement in her skills and comfort level every week. Words cannot describe how happy that makes me. I am sure that our evening swim before bath and bed each night has been a big part of Grace's rediscovering the joys of the pool vs. the fear she had after her fall. She is getting more and more comfortable floating on her back. She LOVES to blow bubbles, now that she has discovered she is able to make that motor boat sound herself. She is always willing to show anyone that will pay attention how to put her ears in the water... She is doing such a great job! Her new skill is 'scoops' where she uses her arms to scoop the water towards her belly. I love that the instructor is incorporating arms into her skill set... But being a swimmer I hate that she is learning the doggie paddle. I know walk before you run right? Either way, she will be a little fish and that thrills me!

After swim lessons Brian and I finished organizing the garage and locating all of the baby things we will need to sort through in the next 10 weeks... Wow! 10 weeks...

Grace did not have much success with eating today, but Friday she ate an entire individual container of applesauce! I was so emotional, proud, happy, dumbfounded... But, deep down, I had to know that it would not be the 'norm'. It was however, a huge step in the right direction. If she could do that every few days, I think we might both survive this eating struggle.

Today is the season opener for Sunday football and the Hurley Household is thrilled. This is our favorite time of year. Our Patriots are back, the baseball season is winding down in preparation for the playoffs... and even in those tough years we held out hope for our Red Sox... And this year the wildcard spot is so close that we can taste it!! To put is simply, we LOVE Fall. So while it may still be 100+ degrees out... we are in our home, on the couch, with the AC cranking and a pot of Chili on the stove... Go Pats!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jason is stuck to the couch too -- the Seahawks are on and I can see that glimmer in his eye!!! Chicken wings are cooking over here :)

Blog Visitors