This morning I had my millionth sonogram. Obviously I am exaggerating, but it was, yet another sonogram. The bigger baby gets the less there is to see that is recognizable. I know this might sound the opposite of what you'd expect, but all cramped in there it is difficult to make out which way is up. In the beginning, it was exciting to see the profile and know...'That's a little person!' now it's just... well a jumble of moving parts. I did not even have them copy the video and still photos for me this time around. 1) because I already have a library full of sonogram video and 2) because the still photos do not even look like anything. But Baby Hurley is fine and growing. At this point approximately 4lbs and still scheduled to be here on November 11, 2008.
Grace had a play date with Katie this morning. She does not do so well during sonograms. The room is dark, there is nothing entertaining... it just makes for a stressful visit if I have to bring her along. She was told that she was going to Katie's house to play this morning and promptly walked to the front door and started knocking on it and chanting "Katie! Katie!" That is where she stayed, knocking and calling, while I dressed, packed her bag and got ready to go to the doctor. When we finally go to Katie's driveway, she took off running to the front door and started knocking on it, again chanting "Katie! Katie!" until I got there and rang the bell. She was so happy to be there with her buddy that she could not even give me a moment to get a kiss and say goodbye. Just as well... I'd rather her be happy and busy than bored and missing me.
After my sonogram I met up with Miss Bonnie, Katie, (my)Grace, Miss Rachael, Taylor, Landon, Miss Grace and Vincent for a birthday lunch. My birthday is not until Friday but all of my girlfriends seem to be on their way out of dodge this weekend... We met up at Rubios and had lunch and a visit. Grace of course did not eat, but had fun walking across the booth with Katie between Bonnie and me. Vincent sat happily in his stroller, Landon sat begrudgingly in his car seat (poor little guy!) and Taylor showed everyone in Rubios what a Speedy Gonzales she can be pushing her baby stroller. At some point Grace decided that she should play health inspector and in the blink of an eye was in the kitchen chatting up the cooks and checking things out. That would be about the time we decided that the kids had had enough and it was time to go.
All in all it was a good day. Grace took 1 late nap. I must admit I pushed her limits and accept the consequences. I have been unable to do anything today, except for while she was asleep. I know better and I feel badly, but some days our schedule simply does not allow a 9:30am nap and a 3pm nap. My mom will be here in 2 more days, so hopefully Grace can catch up and regroup from these crazy last few weeks.
I'll let the poor kid run naked through the sprinklers tonight. Then, early bath quick call to say Night-night to Dad-dee and early bed for both of us... ANOTHER doctors appointment for me tomorrow morning...
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Sorry I missed your birthday lunch...glad you guys had fun...
Post a Comment