This afternoon my neighbors threw a baby shower for me and for my neighbor Bonnie who is due a few weeks before I am. It was great to have some adult time, though centered around kids/babies. It was a few hours where I didn't have to worry about where Grace was and what she was getting into or climbing on top of. The ladies and the gifts were very generous and the food was yummy! In New England, you never wear white after labor day; You never show up to someones home empty handed; You never return a dish empty and you never have a baby shower for a second baby. So I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of having a shower thrown for me. It was so nice though and I LOVE my neighbors!! And such smart women... a few of them gave diapers! If you have kids, you know what an awesome gift that is!! Some of them made their gifts, and all the gifts were amazing!! ;)
I have attached a few pictures from the shower. And from the bottom of my heart, Rachael, Grace, Kelli, Wendy, Andrea, Siler, Virg, Kristin, Nicki and Bonnie... "Thank you!!"

No comments:
Post a Comment