Katie and Grace had a blast playing this morning! Grace was so excited to see Katie that she couldn't get words out right away and just jumped around gasping! She gave Katie the biggest hug and held he hand on their way to the breakfast table. Grace played such a sweet hostess, showing Katie her toys and play area as if Katie had never been here before. What a treat to wake up and have your best friend in the room across the hall.
The weather this morning was again glorious, so Katie, Grace and I donned sweaters and headed out for an early walk. We had only reached the end of the street when we saw Eric (Katie's dad) pulling into his driveway, so we met up with him, Katie gave him a hug good morning, I got the scoop on the new baby and I brought both girls back to the house to give Eric some time to rest and refresh. The girls spent about an hour playing in and around Grace's tunnel from Gymboree before settling in for a bit of milk and some snacks. It was a great morning!
The "aargh" comes from this afternoon... Grace and I, after her nap, headed to Target to pick up a few things to get my closet organized. I am feeling the urge to nest, but I am so not the clean, neat, organized, Donna Reed wife/mother that I should be. I know that I will not be able to feel as if I am completely set up for baby until baby is actually here. So I am trying to keep up on the laundry and get rid of the excess and be the mom Grace needs and deserves; But instead of going out to play and spending "quality" one on one time with Grace before the baby gets here, I am cleaning my closet... And I really do want to be outside, in fact I would much rather be outside, but I am HUGE and I am tired and badly sleep deprived these days, and somehow, sitting on the floor of my closet, trying to get it organized while Grace pulls out every pair of shoes I own and tries them on is all I can manage these days.... "Aargh!"
"Grace, I hope you know just how much your mommy loves you and I am sorry that you have to be entertained in a stuffy old closet when you should be running around in the fresh air... I will make it up to you!! But thanks for the million laughs today... You, in mommy's big ole high heels was a sight to see... I love you to the moon and back!"
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment