Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Olympic Swimmer

We had a make up swim lesson today... Poor Grace has not been to swim lessons in three weeks! But maybe, just maybe, that was the break she needed. Grace did not cry or fuss once! She NEVER clung to me or my swim suit and she actually laughed throughout most of it... Yes, I said it...laughed! She kicked and blew bubbles and showed off her scoops; most of which without even being asked. When dunked under water she came up smiling and even asked to go "Again!" Grace boldly jumped from the wall to Mommy (going under water each time) and allowed her instructor to pass her under water to me. This meant that Grace was pushed under and let go of with the intention being that she kick to Mommy. She did! Not only did she do it, she asked to do it "Again! Again!" I am so proud of her!

I must admit, while we had such great success this summer, her fall in August back in Mass. has had me worried. I know that her anxiety had more to do with the reaction of her father and Great Aunt when she fell in then the actual fall itself, but I have been afraid that she would not regain her confidence. Crisis averted!! She was as happy as a clam in the water today and we are going back again tomorrow for yet another make up.

If nothing else goes right today... It will still have been a fantastic day!

No comments:

Blog Visitors