Friday, October 17, 2008

unBELIEVEable!

Well thanks to the power of prayer the Sox pulled one out of their a** last night! Sometimes I really love the Baseball Gods. They are rarely kind or merciful and maybe they are simply prolonging our pain, but what a game!

As usual, my pessimist husband sided with the announcers in the 7th inning. I was frosted that the announcers were already talking about a Rays v. Phillies world series in the top of the 7th. Granted the score was 7-0 Rays, but there were still 2 and a half innings left. When I voiced my frustration at being counted out before the last out was recorded, Brian said... "This game is over." Uugh!! Have we learned nothing in the last 4 years??? It's the post season... anything can happen! And.... anything did! I banished myself to the bedroom so as to avoid my husbands negativity and before I knew it he was running upstairs shouting.... "It's a 1 run game!!!" Thanks to a late game rally we scored in the 7th inning then tied the game in the 8th.... We held the Rays off in the 9th then scored the winning run... The Sox live to fight another day!

The Baseball Gods may have granted the Sox a stay of execution for now, but they are fickle...we shall see what happens on Saturday in Tampa. As for me... "I Believe!"

And as for the rest of Red Sox Nation... KEEP THE FAITH!
P.S. Boston... This song's for you!
(And so are the two after that!)



No comments:

Blog Visitors