This morning Grace went to the pediatrician to get her first of 2 flu shots. I was hesitant to subject her to this vaccination as I almost always have an adverse reaction to it myself, but... I was told it would be irresponsible to bring a baby into our home this fall with out first having all received our flu shots... So to the pediatrician we went. Grace... poor Grace... was very aware when the nurse came in with the needle that she was holding a needle. She did not take her eyes off of that needle the whole time. Despite my efforts to distract her Grace watched in horror as the nurse pinched as much fat and muscle as she could from Grace's left arm and gave her the shot. Grace was SO BRAVE she cried for less than 30 seconds. As soon as the band aid was on and she was back in my arms, she stopped crying and said through leftover giant tears, "Bye Bye" to the nurse... or in Grace talk, the nurse's cue to leave ;) We were in and out of the office in less than 20 minutes and Grace has not spoken of the shot or doctor since. Some exciting news from this visit however... Grace, though fully clothed and in shoes weighs 20lbs 1oz. My little girl has FINALLY hit the 20pound mark!
Because Grace was so very, very brave and because I was desperate for a coffee, I made a detour on our way home to Dunkin' Donuts. ( I have been thrilled to have a little piece of home here in AZ, but have only stopped for coffee once ) So I got myself an iced coffee and a glazed donut for Grace. To be honest, part of me wanted her to eat the donut and part of me secretly wanted to eat the thing myself... Grace was such a big girl. She sat at the table and ate almost 1/2 of the dount. No spitting, no gagging, no throwing food. Ate the donut and asked for more!! So the mother who was never going to give her child french fries, sugar, or anything that was not 100% healthy is now the mother who celebrates her daughter eating a glazed donut and promises to give her one everyday if she will just eat.... It was a very, very good morning.
The only thing that could have been better would be if we had had coffee and an Apple Cider Donut at Atkins Farm... It must be beautiful back home right now. I am always homesick in the fall...
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Kids get to be a little naughty. Caleb is a huge fan of Chick-fil-a.. in particular the strawberry shakes.
Post a Comment