(The above was written before I got violently ill with the stomach virus as well)
So, the family bed... I was going to tell of how Grace has not been allowed to sleep in our bed because, well, because Brian and I decided from the get go it wasn't for us and we did not want to start a habit that we could not break later... Well yesterday, before I got so ill, Grace woke up had 1/2 a bottle (in bed with us... we never do that) and I hoped and prayed that she would fall asleep... she did! She snuggled right up next to me (Heaven!!) and fell asleep. Before I knew it, it was 8am and she had slept an extra 2 hours and we were going to be late to my doctors appointment! There might be something to this "family bed" thing!
Upon my return from the doctor (where a sick Grace did not terrorize the office, but instead sat in the easy chair with me and laid her head on my belly the entire time) I discovered that it was not hunger making me feel ill, I was also sick. So Grace and I crawled into Mommy and Daddy's bed together and hunkered down for a 3 hour nap. Again, Heaven!! Aside from the vomiting and my usual need for space when I sleep, the was something so nice about having her little hand pat my face as she fell asleep and her little body snuggled up next to me while we slept. She was however a bit traumatized by my getting sick. She will be a good mother though. As I sat on the edge of the bed with my face in a pail, Grace pat my back and head and said "Okay, Okay Mommy" through a few wimpers and tears and gave me a big bear hug and said "I got you" when I was finished... My heart melted...
So the family bed is where Grace and I have lived out the last two days. With any luck I will feel well enough to drive her to the doctor tomorrow... Poor kid is still so sick. It breaks my heart!

2 comments:
Sorry to hear you guys are so sick! The family bed, that is too cute - sounds like it is comforting for both of you...but you better make room for one more in a couple of weeks :-)
I enjoyed your post! Not because you are all sick, but because Grace says the cutest things. "I got you" will go a long way. Hope you feel better real soon.
Post a Comment