This morning Grace and I woke in better spirits than the last several days, though not completely better a definite improvement on the week! So, feet on the floor, faces washed, real clothes on (no pajamas) we headed down stairs for a weak breakfast and a few minutes with Daddy before his day began... Opps... I forgot that the carpet was being replaced today. How could I forget?? I helped pick up all Grace's toys while Brian and Brian from next door moved all the furniture into my kitchen and dining room. Okay... so not the peaceful day I had hoped for, but I am getting my new carpet! The 16 month long battle is over!! Maybe...
Grace has a bottle and asks for yogurt. "Oh happy day!!.." Yes, I nearly break into song. So Brian sets her up and feeds her some yogurt while I sit and try to shake out the cobwebs and get motivated for the day of new carpeting and healing. The doorbell rings and the installers are here. YIPEE! These two very nice gentlemen, father and son, walk in all smiles and happy and I am feeling better by the minute. They effortlessly and almost in a choreographed manner break our their box cutters and with a swish and a few rolls the carpet is in two pieces and rolled up on my living room floor. Okay Okay too much detail right? Get to the point? Well long story short these two very nice gentlemen get the carpet hauled out to their truck only to discover that Shea has not ordered enough carpet to fit our extended living room. "WHAT?!?!" How is this possible?? How could this happen? This has been one issue after another... one bumble after another... it was a mistake... a mistake 16 months ago that required a simple fix... 16 months ago. You lay two pieces of carpet in a room that are two different colors. You say... "Oops, my bad." and replace it. How difficult is that??? So the installers get our Customer Service rep to come over (Dumb Blond!! ~ and that is the nicest thing I can think of to say...) And low and behold, it's not her fault (never is) and well... she will have to 'see' if she can get a rush on it and maybe it can be here and done on the 11th.... The 11th?? The day the baby is born... I give up! "Let it go Shelbi, at least the carpet is being replaced..."
So this is all over and done with by 10 am and Grace has not take a nap.. okay let's run out get my car washed really quick and maybe the car ride will put her to sleep... no such luck. The child who has slept for the last three days straight is have no part of any nap. No way, shape or form! Back at home, 90 minutes before her speech therapist arrives... "Think Shelbi, Think!" Okay... watered down bottle so she will still be hungry, pull the shades and turn on her bed time music, close the door and walk away... she will - fall - asleep - ... 75 minutes later she is still upstairs yelling "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Alright, so it will be only 1 nap today... an afternoon nap... After her speech therapist leaves (and she did eat for her today) she will have a bottle and nap! I am determined. Well... I have been at my computer for 55 minutes now and she is still in her crib yelling for me to come and get her... It's 3:20 and I could pull the covers over my head until tomorrow... It's going to be a long day!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment