Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sleepover....

For a few weeks now I have been going to bed at night with the phone next to me on the night stand. My dear friend and neighbor Bonnie had asked me to be her middle of the night go to gal should she go into labor before her mother got here to help. I happily accepted and I must admit secretly hoped to get the call... Well last night it came. It was a few minutes before 10pm and Bonnie and Eric called to say that Bonnie's water broke and Katie needed a place to stay while they headed off to the hospital. Eric brought a poor confused, half awake Katie across the street and set her up in our guest room. Katie has been sleeping in a big girl bed in preparation for her little sisters arrival. She was not the happiest of campers when she saw that she would be in the pack n play, especially since there is a big queen sized bed in the room... But Daddy sang her a song got her blankie and stuffed animal and tucked her in. She was asleep again in minutes.

As of now... 6:30 in the morning Grace is unaware that her buddy is upstairs asleep and has been all night, but I cannot wait to see their faces when they realize that they had a sleepover last night! (I am also anxiously awaiting the news from the hospital... So exciting!!!!)

No comments:

Blog Visitors