Thursday, October 16, 2008

kicking and screaming... well maybe not screaming...

My poor Grace appears to be sick. I know that she is teething and from that she has had such a runny nose for a few weeks. Her poor face is chapped raw from trying to clean up her nose and face... It's heart breaking. But this morning she woke with a terrible cough, so while it may be teething it seems it might also be a cold. So taking it easy today appears to be the plan; Not that we do a whole lot of running around lately anyhow. But no swim lessons, no Gymboree, no play dates, just rest and drug induced quiet time. Since Grace is not napping all that well lately... Still sleeping 11+ hours at night, but not napping well, I gave her some Tylenol this morning to ease the cold symptoms and help her sleep.... No I am not a drug abuser, in fact I hate having to give her anything, especially Tylenol. The last thing I want is to hurt her poor little liver, but without rest, how can she get better? So Tylenol, the humidifier up high with a fresh Vick's Vapor pad and the hope for at least 2 good hours of sleep.

With Grace asleep I thought instead of napping myself (in case she doesn't really sleep) I'd sit down and do something I never do... watch some sort of daytime television... So I sit down amongst the clutter of a million different things I've started and not finished in my quest to be ready for baby... It's 10am and 'The View' is on... I thought, "Okay, lets see what the ladies thought of the debate last night. I am sure there will be plenty of Joe the plumber jokes." Now I remember why I don't watch 'The View'... Elizabeth Hasselbeck makes me crazy... My blood pressure shoots sky high and I want to jump through the TV and shake her like a rag doll and shout "Idiot! You have no idea what you are talking about!!! Shut Up! Shut Up! Shut Up!" Oh, I respect her right to her opinions. Close~minded as they may be, but never the less, She is wrong... wrong... wrong ....wrong... and must be stopped. So while I am pleading with Whoopie to jump across the table and slap some sense into that blond brain of hers, the baby starts kicking me... I don't mean a thump here or there, I mean real kicking, fist pounding, temper tantrum kicking. I smile and laugh and hope that the baby is kicking and screaming that Elizabeth is an idiot too... I will of course be devastated if my children grow up to share Elizabeth's views of the world and politics, but I will love them with all my heart anyway... And silently scream into my pillow at night and wonder where I went wrong. ;)

(This post inspired the change in song on my playlist)

So enough high blood pressure, I am sure it is not good for me or the baby. Instead, I will take it as a sign. I will use this quiet time while Grace sleeps to complete one thing I have started... Now if I could only decide which project that would be, we'd really be rocking and rolling...

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

I hope you love me unconditionally...I agree with Elizabeth Hasselbeck. In fact, I don't watch The View because of the other hosts. I know you hate Palin, but I like her too. I guess we are just on opposite ends of the spectrum, but that's OK too. As long as you know you are loved by me, that's all I care about.

Blog Visitors