Friday, October 3, 2008

October 3, 1976

I have now been here 3 decades and two years. When I said that this morning, my mother's jaw dropped as did her face. She said that was a mean thing to say. I am her eldest child and she was just a kid... well 23 when I was born and thinks herself young still. And, she is! At 55 she is more active and athletic than I am at 32... so she should not be concerned about age...


Grace is having a blast with her Nonie. She has fallen into step with her from the moment we picked Nonie up at the airport. Despite the fact that Grace told me at the end of our street, on the way to the airport "Home Please!" She laughed all the way home with Nonie giggling right along with her. I have no idea what was so funny in that back seat, but I am pretty sure that I was the butt of the joke!

Grace, Nonie and I have been busy with both play and work. We've been to the playground and the pool and on walks and running thought the sprinklers. We have chased grasshoppers, of which there are thousands these days and cleaned off the patio furniture. We've also thinned out Grace's closet a long, long, long, over due project. There were so many things that Grace had out grown or worn out and I simply could not bring myself to dive in... Thank God for Nonie!! Onto sorting through baby clothes and getting the master bedroom ready to house a baby in the next few weeks.

As it is Friday, I of course had a doctors appointment this afternoon. My mother and Grace joined me which was a nice treat. Grace had entertainment and I had company. These Friday appointments can be long ones. My mother and OB ganged up on me, and on my birthday no less. I never get the flu shot. I always get sick after having it and have found that the risk has been worth it for years now. I somehow escaped the shot when I was pregnant with Grace, but the forces of mother and doctor proved to strong to resist. So... I got stabbed with a needle... At least when Grace's doctor gives her shots Grace gets a pretty band aid, all I got was a boring beige one and a sore arm... Happy Birthday to me...

No comments:

Blog Visitors