Sunday, October 5, 2008

Biker Boys

Nonie and Grace are inseparable. It is so sweet to watch and a bit bittersweet too. It was not long ago that I was the best buddy and life long companion to this little girl. But my mother once told me that Grandparents and Grandchildren share a special bond and a common enemy. I suppose it's true!

Today we enjoyed the cooler weather in the morning with the house wide open and the breeze airing out my stale, closed up for too many months, house. It was such a treat... It has been so nice in fact that we have slept with the windows open instead of the a/c on. I cannot wait until the windows can remain open all day and night.

This afternoon we spent a few hours at the neighborhood pool. The water was brisk, but still not nearly as cold as Cape Cod in mid-summer. We were the only ones at the pool the entire time, which is sometimes a great treat. Grace and Nonie did their own thing and made it clear that my help and participation was not needed. They are of course very nice about it, but seem to be happiest when sharing things just the two of them. Plus, it means I get a break and that is a rare treat. So I enjoyed an hour on a raft in the middle of the pool with the sun on my face and a fall breeze at my back.

This evening after dinner and kicking the ball around the backyard we opened up the house and went for a walk. About 4 doors down we ran into our neighbors Brendan (8) and Blake (4) on their bikes doing tricks in the street. They were thrilled to have an audience and Grace was equally thrilled to have the entertainment. So, we postponed the walk and instead sat on the curb and watched the boys ride. The tried to out do each other with their tricks and pandered to Grace it was adorable to say the least. I have attached video...

Don't forget...

Scroll to bottom of page and pause the music

Not much to hear on video but still...





No comments:

Blog Visitors