Saturday, October 11, 2008

Black lights and pool chemicals

After finding and killing yet another scorpion in our garage today, Brian finally caved in and admitted that maybe we should consider taking some preemptive measures. He went out and bought the pool chemicals recommended and spread it around the perimeter of the house. As we speak he is in the yard with a black light and a hammer. (Yes, we are both taking a break from the Sox game... we thought a change of pace and energy might do us and the Sox a world of good) Brian has not found any scorpion in the yard and found none in the house earlier this evening... He is walking around frustrated (partly the Sox fault) and feeling as if I am getting work up over nothing. But after poor Taylor had to be air vacced to Phoenix Children's Hospital this week, I am taking no chances. Who knows, maybe Sami eats them before I even know they are in the house. Maybe the pool chemicals are a miracle and they have been driven from our yard, or maybe we are, for some unknown reason, more fortunate than all the other neighbors who have them in their homes and we have none... At any rate I will sleep better tonight knowing that we have done our part to protect our child and home from these disgusting venomous little creatures...

Back to the baseball game. Go Red Sox!!!

No comments:

Blog Visitors