Monday, October 20, 2008

Beaver

Uugh! When did my child become the child that eats her bed??? That's not my Grace!! My Grace doesn't eat books, or toys or chew on furniture like a dog! So I was shocked and dismayed today to see teeth marks on the head board of her crib. When did this start? Why did this start? Why is my child gnawing on her bed??? On the headboard, where she should barely be able to reach are 4 perfect little grooves where 4 front teeth rubbed the varnish and some of the wood off! I'll say it again... Uugh!!

Brian thinks it's funny, I find it horrifying, but I suppose in the grand scheme of things that my child could be doing... a small amount of chewing on her bed... Aw who am I kidding... My child is eating the furniture :(

On a lighter note, and at least this story brings a smile to both my face and heart... Today at the doctors Grace found great amusement in the sound of the baby's heart beat. She kept calling it "noise" and repeatedly imitated the "whoosh whoosh whoosh" of the heart beat. When told that was the baby, she looked at her doll and then looked up confused, since she was pretty sure that the "noise" was coming from the machine that Mommy was hooked up to and not her baby doll... But still, she was thrilled at the "noise" and imitated it all the way home in the car.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Brayden did the same thing. Luckily it was to the side rails and not the part of the crib that will eventually be his full size bed. I ended up putting a comforter on the crib to protect the rest of the tops from chewing.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. They sell plastic crib guards for just that reason. Caleb is currently ripping up his side rails as well.

Blog Visitors